Feb 11, 2012

The new volunteer is here!!!

Hi all!!

So this was the week of the 'first times'.
My first time chewing a sugar cane...which I really enjoyed because the first bite released something really similar to fresh honey :)
My first time in Jinga, the closest big city. I went to the source of the Nile and I had a really nice day out. On my way back, on the 'taxi', I realised that for the first time I was relaxed....I wasn't clunching my teeth as I do most of the time.
Another first time was when I realised that maybe..after all...I'm gonna make it! :) Such realisation came after seeing Rosa, the new volunteer, walking through the gate where I live. She'll stay 3 months, working on HIV.
She is a really nice 20 years old American, from Washington D.C (I see a pattern here...Grace, Danielle? :P)
So, it's like if all of a sudden the place has brighten up...and me with it!
Last night we didn't have power, but we chatted until 10...LOVELY!!

News also on the workside.
Now I'll be working at the Integrated Disabled People (IDP) SACCO every Mondays and Tuesdays, and in Baitambogwe the rest of the week.
IDP SACCO is planning to organise the official launch of the Sacco with a trade fair, and I'm the organiser. Cool!!!
So...all good! I still dream of cheese and fresh tomato on fresh baked bread...but you know me....:P

That's it for now.
Good week-end guys!!!

With love
Fede


3 comments:

  1. So happy that things are improving and you're feeling happier and stronger :) Thank God, for the new volunteer! I have to thank her myself ;p
    also, any time...cheese, tomatoes and homemade bread are waiting here under No. 31 for you as soon as you get back.
    Love
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on having made it through those tough first weeks - they sounded really tough. Glad things are getting slightly easier for you now that you aren't on your own.

    Cheers

    Mary

    ReplyDelete