Jan 17, 2012

Hi everyone. I'm alive ;)

Hi everyone.
I'm here...The  flight was ok and by Friday morning I was at the village.
Ok..so this is my current situation...let's forget about the lack of facilities and the mices getting around the household...I'm actually getting used to the pit latrine (when you need it, you need it) and the fact there is little water...but let's talk about the fact that I am  THE ONLY WHITE in the whooooooooooole village. No. I'm not jocking.  I actually wish I was. And I actually wish I knew.
Here bedtime is about 9.30, as electricity is off most of the time and when is dark, is really pitch dark.
So yes, it's tough.

Food is good. Well, actually whoever knows me  should know I have no problem with food :) the only issue is that since I arrived I had rice or pasta with beans. Alternatively posho (maize flour cooked with water and resulting in something similar to polenta. It's what in  South Africa was called pap) with beans. As other choice you can have potatoes or cassava, either fried or, guess what? With beans!!
The skirt is already getting toooo tight!!

Yesterday I started at work. I walk from home to the office by myself for 15 minutes, trying to pretend that people are not staring at me as if I was an alien...
I'm not entirely sure how it will go because my role within the organisation is not define yet.
In the meantime I started to define the draft of their business plan.

I hope you are all fine. Miss you.

love
Fede

1 comment:

  1. Aaaah fede! This is the first time I have read your blog - looks very good! I am so glad you are settling in! Do not worry that people stare at you, just keep smiling!! I will keep checking in for updates! All the best and thinking of you! X0 anthea

    ReplyDelete