Jan 22, 2012

Settling down...

I know that my last post wasn't too cheerful. Sorry guys! It has been quite overwhelming, but it is getting better.
For example I now have a room with private toilet (plastic box) :P a blessing so I don't have to go out when it gets dark eh eh.
I also got myself some coffee for breakfast (even if it really tastes ginger, because they use the cups to drink tea, which is mixed with ginger. So...a ginger coffee...o well...could go worse...no coffee at all :)

Tomorrow I will start working in a new microfinance institution, as the other one, IDIWA, has little to do. However, in this week I managed to finish thei business plan, which was on a draft, and create a brochure :)

So yes, I just wanted to let you know that is getting better. It takes time, but it gets better.
And...as it looks like I, too, have a good star, apparently another volunteer is coming to stay with us at the end of Jan...for 4 months!!!!

Thanks for all those sending me nice messages. They really help :) so does my diary which I write every morning and evening (Thanks Arjuna!!).

Love
Fede

PS: I was working on the business plan in the office, and from open window I heard the first few notes of "Sign of a victory"...I thought was really funny...as it is the song that became the symbol of the time spent in South Africa..and it always gives me a good kick :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Fede, you are very brave and couragous - I'm sure you will soon win the hearts and minds of the people you are living and working with. In no time at all you will look back and think 'what was I worried about'. We miss you in the office, take care and stay safe. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annette!
      It's getting a bit better, but still a big challenge. It is definitely a gret lesson in terms of life and mind-attitude.
      I hope you are all well at SR. I miss the team too.

      Send my love to everyone.
      Fede

      Delete